Aviso sobre privacidad (in English)
Bank von Roll AG (hereinafter "we" or "the Bank") puts great emphasis on the protection of your privacy and your personal data. We process your personal data in accordance with the applicable legal provisions, in particular the Swiss Data Protection Act (DPA) and - where applicable - the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (GDPR).
Bank von Roll is responsible for the processing operations described in this privacy statement. You can contact us at:
Bank von Roll Ltd.
CH-8027 Zurich, Bleicherweg 37
EU persons can also contact our EU representative VGS Datenschutzpartner UG, Am Kaiserkai 69, 20457 Hamburg, Germany.
What personal data do we collect from you?
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual or legal institution. We collect and process personal data from you when you contact us, use our services, visit our website or otherwise interact with us.
The type and amount of personal data we collect from you will depend on the nature of the relationship you have with us. The personal data we may collect from you includes, in particular:
- Identification and contact details, such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, nationality, identity card or passport number, tax identification number, signature;
- Financial and transactional data, such as account number, IBAN, BIC, account balance, payment transactions, assets, income, expenses, creditworthiness, credit rating, debts, tax status, investment profile, risk profile, preferences, complaints;
- Contractual and communication data, such as contractual documents, correspondence, orders, enquiries, feedback, consents, revocations, complaints;
- Technical and usage data, such as IP address, browser type, operating system, device identification number, cookies, web beacons, time of visit, pages visited, interactions, preferences, online identifiers.
You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and, for example, reject third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
For what purposes do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for various purposes related to our business and the provision of our services. These purposes include in particular:
- The settlement and fulfilment of contracts with you or with third parties representing you or acting in your interest, such as opening and maintaining accounts, making payments, providing investment, financing or advisory services, billing fees and commissions, preparing account statements and tax certificates;
- To communicate with you, e.g. via the contact form on our website.
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations, such as carrying out identification, due diligence and monitoring measures, complying with money laundering, tax and regulatory law, cooperating with official enquiries, investigations or proceedings, preparing and retaining records and documents;
- Protecting our legitimate interests or those of third parties, such as ensuring the security and functionality of our IT systems, improving our services and offerings, conducting market and customer analysis, managing risks, asserting or defending legal claims, preventing or detecting fraud or abuse;
With whom do we share your personal data?
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if this is necessary or permissible for the fulfilment of the above-mentioned purposes. The third parties to whom we may disclose your personal data include in particular:
- External service providers acting on our behalf or in our interest, such as IT service providers, printers, courier services, payment intermediaries, auditors, consultants, insurers;
- Other financial institutions with which we cooperate in the context of payment, investment or financing transactions, such as banks, stock exchanges, brokers, custodian banks, fund companies, asset managers;
- authorities, courts, arbitration tribunals or other public bodies, insofar as we are obliged or entitled to do so by law or regulation or insofar as this is necessary or permissible for the assertion or defence of legal claims.
Please note that some of the third parties mentioned above may be located in countries that do not have an adequate level of data protection, such as the USA. In such cases, we will take appropriate measures to ensure the protection of your personal data, such as entering into contractual agreements that comply with applicable data protection standards or obtaining your explicit consent.
How long do we store your personal data?
We only store your personal data for as long as necessary or permissible for the fulfilment of the above-mentioned purposes or compliance with legal or regulatory retention obligations. The specific duration of storage depends on various factors, such as the type of data, the purpose of the processing, the type of relationship, the duration of limitation periods or the risk situation. As a rule, we store your personal data for the duration of the contractual relationship with you or with third parties, who represent you or who act in your interest, in principle for ten years after their termination, unless there are longer or shorter retention obligations or legitimate interests.
What rights and options do you have with regard to your personal data?
You have various rights and options under applicable law in relation to your personal data. These include in particular:
- The right to information regarding the personal data we have stored about you, its origin, the purposes and recipients of the processing;
- The right to rectify or complete inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- The right to delete or restrict the processing of personal data, unless there are legal or contractual grounds for not doing so;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data where it is based on our legitimate interest or that of a third party, unless we can demonstrate mandatory reasons for the processing which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- The right to withdraw consent given to the processing of personal data, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until it’s withdrawal;
- The right to data portability, i.e. the right to receive the personal data you have provided in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to transfer it to another responsible, insofar as this is technically possible;
- The right to file a complaint with a competent data protection authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the applicable legal provisions.
To exercise your rights and options regarding your personal information, or if you have any questions or concerns about this privacy statement or our privacy practices, please contact us at any time.
Last update: 20.07.2023